Sunday 16 June 2013

Day 2

Day 2

I know the obvious place to start would of been Day 1...but I wasn't convinced I'd actually make it into Day 2...not because it hurt or was too hard, just because I am one of these people that is very good at starting something, not so good at finishing it!  Now, of course, 2 days does not make a finished project as it were, but i've dabbled for months in Slimming World and healthier eating etc. and at some point must commit to change.  I have 2...no 3 main motivations:

1.  Im getting married in just over a year and will not be a beach-whale bride.
2.  I am going on holiday this summer and, well, see reason above.
3.  I refuse to go into my 30's (2 years away) still battling with myself and feeling fat!!

Oh, and I suppose I should add a forth to that:

4.   To regain some confidence and feel better about myself!

So, where did I begin?  Well my parnter and I have giving up smoking, and an unfortunate side-effect of this is that you tend to eat more.  Who knew!?  Yeah, I know, highly expected.  Anyway, with eating more comes weighing more and that's where we both find ourselves.

My partner, Gemma, she's opted for the Level 1 30 Day Shred, of which there are 3 levels altogether, spanning ... well, 30 days!  Myself, well, I came across Cassey Ho some time ago and her blogilaties had inspired me then, though (as mentioned in my first sentences) it never really caught on at the time.  Now however, i've printed off her beginners calendar and i'm away to go!  It very simple in principle, there are 30 days worth of videos to follow, all based around Pilates movements, though I think it gets more cardio based as you move through it.

So, how has it gone so far?
This pretty much sums up how I feel today!


Yesterday was relatively ok, though my abs were killing after the pop pilates total body workout for beginners.  Today, well, that killed!  I could barely perform any of the moves properly from the day 2 videos as they were abb focused and mine were already hurting!  So stupid me decided, after struggling with the moves on the Pilates so much I felt I hadn't done a fair workout, i'd try the Level 1 30 Day Shred as well.  Suffice to say, I am a shaking, sweaty wreck!  But, I did it!!
I'm yet to do my measurements, but I will update when I have those.  I've done a 'before' shot, but you can get stuffed if you think im posting those online!!

Until next time:
kx

No comments:

Post a Comment