Sunday 16 June 2013

Bucket list

Before I start, I feel that I should confess something...I had the sunday roast, and the sticky toffee pudding.
---I know, I know, but in my defence, I had the chicken, no skin! And then lots if veggies, one or two new potatoes and thats it, so not too bad!  Well, ok, the pudding was bad, but you can't have everything!  I need to remind myself to eat clean!

Anyway, to the task in hand...
I've just tidied my house, which always inevitably leads me to think what I want out of my life.  I know it's a little peculiar, but candles on, favourite tv programme on and a tidy living room can't help but bring on these thoughts.  So, with my fitness (and almost) my diet in hand, I feel I need to think about what else I want out of my life.

Some things are in hand, granted.

1.  Get married:
Bohemian style...
There are many things that I want from my wedding; bohemian style, babies breath flowers, grass, outdoors, gardens... yes, yes, im an old romantic and also love the outdoors and all things country, so this is my wish number 1!










2.  Go coast to coast via route 66!
Route 66
So, this one is almost in the bag too.  Gemma and I are planning to go coast-to-coast for our honeymoon.  So far, we have decided to start in Las Vegas (so I can see Celine Dion!) and then maybe go and see the Grand Canyon and then head out onto the open road...it's still in the early planning stages, but it's certainly one for the list!



3.  Open my own business:
Giraffe
It's certainly something that's been in the pipeline for a while.  Last year, Gemma and I went on a business course as we were interested in opening a patisserie.  Nothing really took off.  However, in January, circumstances or fate brought along the purchase of a Hair Salon in Retford.  Capelli is absolutely great and we're loving the challenge of running our own business and it certainly has been a challenge at times!  Still, the hope of owning our own restaurant is still there and we haven't given up yet!  Recently, we were sat in Giraffe in London, just behind Selfridges.  It's always been one of my favourite places to eat around there.  Anyway, we were sat having a burger and a milkshake, and it suddenly occurred to use that Retford doesn't have anything like this.  In fact the nearest place really would likely be in Doncaster, which is more than 20 miles away.  So this is the idea, growing slowly, but surely.  It definitely makes the list!

4.  Trivial, but decorate my home;
Home decor
It's been a year now since we moved into our new home.  It's great, but at the minute its very impersonal.  It's quite new and there was a man in it before and it has that, well, feel.  I'm loving this vintage, rustic home look, quite hard to achieve in a new house, but not impossible I don't think, there's certainly things I can take from some of these ideas!





So, that's it for now, until next time...
kx

No comments:

Post a Comment